Sunday, March 29, 2009

What are the smallest things that you are most thankful for in your life?

Now, in answering this question, you must eliminate the obvious. Of course you are thankful for your parents, children, spouse, job (Kim especially), pet, and health, but think of the not so obvious. Think of the little things in your life that bring you great joy. Think of something that seems minor, but has great significance in your life, something that brings you joy every time you encounter or experience it.

I want you to reflect on your good fortune and find the things in your life that have beauty, joy, goodness, make you feel good, lift your spirits, etc.

Go for it. And maybe, today, you will bring inspiration to someone else in the world.

Steve

3 comments:

bshawise said...

i stumbled across this song in my itunes library that i used to prank tyler with. that made me think of all the random things we'd do to prank each other while living in boston. which started a chain reaction of boston-based memories. seems like a lot of songs have that chain-reaction effect. so i'm thankful for memory-filled, random songs.

Steve Shaw said...

Although this is my blog, I'll post a comment, that I will expand in a later blog.

I'm thankful for scents. The memories that they trigger are often unimaginable, bringing back deeply hidden memories of childhood, college, events, travel and family. So I am grateful for the power of scents to trigger memories of my life that my poor memory has hidden from my every day thinking.

barefootkt said...

seeing tulips poke up out of the ground in the early spring while walking to work on a cold, rainy day...makes you smile at the warmer, sunnier weather ahead.