Monday, March 30, 2009

Kelly's Heros

This 1970 film was one of my earliest introductions to the concept of Positive Waves. Oddball, played by Donald Sutherland, was a consummate hippy turned tank commander. He constantly talked about the need for positive waves and tried to keep everyone focused on having a postive mindset. Two examples:

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!

and then

Oddball : Crazy! I mean like so many positive waves maybe we can't lose! You're on!

He knew "The Secret."

So I try to keep focused on the positive, envision the best outcome and believe that it will come to pass. And while one never gets everything one wants, I have been blessed with several great jobs, many wonderful friends and family; a great life in general, and have every reason to believe it will continue.

But my search to ensure a happy 25 years going forward continues. There will be detours, there have been detours. But my initial plan is to give more to others. I think one can get more joy, more reward and greater happiness by focusing on the happiness of others, by givine more than one receives and turning our inward focus to an outward reach. This will require a lot of work on my part. For I am very self centered. But I know it is a big step I need to take to attain true happiness when I am 75.

No comments: