Thursday, September 3, 2009

Stop, Drop and Roll

Stop reading this entry now. I have nothing to say.


















You dropped, we roll....

You can't live life well with a grudge. Without forgiveness. Without setting aside the little wrongs and the big wrongs. You can't live life well judging others. The more you judge others, the more you judge yourself and we never like ourselves very much. So, if I'm right, judging others makes us more unhappy. And I am always right. Well, sometimes, I am always right.

I had someone tell me once, "I can forgive, but I never forget." Huh? Just what does that mean? I think it means she doesn't really forgive.

I am blessed with a poor memory. With a few exceptions that my close friends know all about, I can't remember anything bad someone has done to me. Nothing that I want to act upon or vent about. But I know people that never forget, and who periodically like to remind the offender of their past sin. Their heads must be filled with bad thoughts and ill will toward a plethora of people. Thankfully, mine doesn't have room for all of that nonsense and neither should yours. Find some way to dump all of that baggage, shove it out the window and let it fall into a deep abyss, never to be seen again. And even the ones I remember, I no longer care about. They are just good stories from my past (or boring stories that I like to tell).

So stop throwing stones, or one will rebound off that glass wall and hit you in the head. Start finding positive things to think about other people. Find positive things to say about them to others. Begin to look for praise you can lay on your associate or neighbor or friend. Find 5 people this week who you will praise in front of someone else. Make it a habit.




When I started this entry, I really had nothing to say. A vague notion, perhaps, but nothing of substance. I hope something came of it. If nothing else, maybe you'll remember to remind your kids to Stop, Drop and Roll if their clothing catches on fire and it will save a life....

SS

No comments: